This course is designed to help you expand your thermal testing business to include infrared energy loss surveys. Providing this service will help your clients understand the sources and severity of energy loss in homes and other buildings. Energy loss results in higher energy bills, personal discomfort, and potential structural and air quality problems from moisture accumulation in certain areas. A professional infrared energy loss survey report can be used to help remediate insulation problems, seal air leaks, or prove damages due to poor workmanship or improper installation when the building was constructed.
This course will teach you the use and operation of infrared cameras, how to conduct proper thermal surveys, and how to prepare and deliver a professional infrared energy loss survey report. You will learn the process for investigating and positively identifying many different types of energy loss including insulation deficiencies, bypasses, air infiltration, thermal bridging, and HVAC system problems. A previous Level 1 Thermographer certification is recommended, but no experience in thermography is required to complete the course. You do not need an infrared camera to take this course.
This infrared survey course can be taken entirely online, and provides outstanding infrared training for an excellent value. Written in easy-to-understand language, the thermal training is accompanied by many examples, videos, and practice exercises to help you become familiar with the concepts.
- Differentiate between missing or inadequate insulation versus problems with air infiltration and moisture.
- How to locate and seal many thermal bypasses that siphon energy from buildings during hot and cold seasons.
- Ways to avoid false infrared temperatures that can result from emissivity and reflectivity of building materials
- Ways to improve the quality of a thermal image by understanding resolution, palette, range, and image contrast
- Create infrared energy loss survey reports that document conditions, make recommendations, and use post-processed radiometric images
As you complete each lesson, you will use interactive flash cards and take practice quizzes that will test and verify your knowledge simultaneously through instant computerized feedback. Your computer records the results so you can easily track your progress.
The course includes a quick-start DVD that will help guide you in starting a successful infrared business. Other benefits include infrared energy loss survey report templates, a pre-survey agreement, and our toll free support to help you get started. When you finish the course and pass the final exam, you will be a Certified Infrared Energy Surveyor and will possess the knowledge and skills needed to start a full or part-time business, or expand your existing infrared business.